Thursday, September 25, 2008

Being stupid is okay, you just need the right job

Sorry to bring this topic up again, but it just makes me angry. This picture shows the two killers who caused trouble in Finland. One of them caused a massacre in 2007, the other one was the one I mentioned in my last post. There is also a text below the picture indicating who is who. Or at least trying to! But it was not possible for the author of those words to do that right.



This guy mixed them up. He wants to indicate that who is right (r.) is the guy who did the most recent massacre. But that is the other guy who got himself killed in 2007. I know that because there is again a wikipedia page that gets it all correctly and does it well. And wikipedia is run by everyone, no agency or people who get paid for gathering information.

Why does this upset me? Because left and right should not be a problem for someone who gets paid for making news articles and associating pictures with them. Why am I struggling so damn hard in my job, but other people get away with everything? Why is it not necessary to tell left from right? Why is inattention so damn okay in every other job except mine?

Another conclusion: Intelligence or good character traits don't matter. It only matters that you have a certificate proving that you sat your ass sore in a university. The only thing important is that you went to some place to study for 5 years. The number of years matters and the fact that you learned stuff you forget later. It's pointless of me to claim that I could do a better job even without all the studying. But that's not what matters. What matters is that you fulfill the criteria set up by "the others"... the state, the society, the business world. It is like that and it will always be like that. And I'm not saying that because of left and right, I'm saying that because of all the things I write here month after month, and because of what I go through in MY job. I certainly cannot afford to mix up left and right. If I do that, I will be called an idiot, I will cause costs, and I will not get away with it, even as an apprentice!

No comments: