Sunday, September 21, 2008

Amusingly illogical

When I made Pizza today, the radio was on and there was a song that gave me the inspiration for this blog entry. The message of this song was asking for forgiveness. But it was not direct asking, it was this indirect asking:"Can you tell her I'm sorry?"

Or there is a song on the radio where the singer always sings:"If you see this girl, can you tell her where I am?"

Oh yeah... how often have we heard that. Um... NEVER?! Come on! In my everyday life, I always have to hear how everything is MY responsibility, MY problems, MY stuff to deal with. I can't just say "can you take care of this for me?". And seriously, I'd understand if people sang about getting their tax computation done by someone else, or maybe they would sing about someone helping them out in general. But who in the world decided to give a song a chance that basically said: I'm too cowardish to apologize for something I did to my girlfriend. Can you please apologize to her on my behalf?

I can't get over it. If there were only great songs out there, either with fantastic melodies and/or amazing poetry, I would accept that without jealousy. But whenever I hear shit like that on the radio, I wonder why I can't just have that songwriter job. Sorry, it's true. Who do you even address with this kind of shit? Who would ever get so involved in a relationship that this person would apologize for something you did? The parents? The person who one person cheated the other with? The divorce lawyer?

There was another interesting thing today. My favourite shit site again, t-online.de it was. It was about a goalkeeper who didn't really have a great day in a 2:5 defeat. The whole text contained the word "fact" three times, once it was even not capitalised, which is wrong in our language. How uninspired must the author have been. It was like every other sentences was like "... [person] pointed out the fact that..." or "[person] was not happy about this fact". It's like everything is a fact. What has become of "circumstance", "situation" or simply "that"?

I wrote a comment then, because luckily there is a comment function below some articles. I pointed out the mistakes and then wrote just a little bit about the goalkeeper as an alibi. Some hours later the part about the mistakes were erased and only the sentence about the guy was left. Interesting. And they indeed changed their article a little! Success! Finally I achieved something. But that was not the first time. I even once corrected a spelling mistake that was on TV! Yes! My greatest triumph. I remember that a day after I pointed something out, they changed their spelling, even if it may have been only temporarily. Well, at least someone takes care of it. If I don't do it, then nobody does.

Now you may ask: Why is this guy so geeky about spelling? I will tell you. I learnt this shit and it got marked and graded at school. I don't allow things to change so quickly. It is happening around me all the time. If I leave school, suddenly the school system gets better. If I'm old enough to sit at the front seat of a car, they suddenly change the laws so that my brother who is 5 years younger can also sit at the front. I die, suddenly painless tooth surgery becomes a standard procedure.
I will not let things go on like that! They put me through all the shit, so we are not going to abolish any of it! Just because I'm older now doesn't mean that other people can act like children, can have sex with windows wide open, become careless about spelling and get any job that I would get and could perform a lot better with half the salary. I'm going to fight until I get too tired....*sighs*

Oh wait! One more thing... I'm not a native speaker so I may be wrong, but shouldn't it say "noticeably more comfort" instead of "noticeable more comfort"? Because there is more comfort in a noticeable way?
It is one slogan of a safety shoe company I read not long ago. And it made me wonder if I could have that slogan writer's job... I just really don't know why...

No comments: