Sunday, August 03, 2008

My neighbours had sex

This is the second post within 24 hours, and I actually wanted to write this in the middle of last night already.

What happened last night was outrageous and something that can only happen nowadays. Not in the 80s, not in the 90s, no, it happens these days now that people who were raised in the worst way are old enough to live in an apartment of their own.

Last night I woke up for the first time when it was about half past 1am. My window was half open, so I could hear what was going on outside. I heard a couple arguing in a very loud way. It was totally clear, so I could easily notice that their windows must have been open or half open too. It took a while, but a long while, until they finally stopped arguing. This was the second time at least that I noticed that, but the first time in the damn middle of the night.

The worst was yet to come. Because I woke up about one hour later, and while I woke up from strange dreams, I was already thinking "what am I dreaming here?". But I was not dreaming, it was the noise from outside again! And I can tell you, what I heard was even too much for me. All this moaning and screaming in a pleasent way. But it was not pleasent for me, rather "pukative" to describe how it made me feel awkward. Okay, they had sex, very loud sex. And it only lasted for about a pathetic 5 minutes. But again it was outrageous how they have sex at quarter to three in the night with windows open.

It makes me feel sick. I even had a bad feeling when I imagined what such a marriage must be like. Uoorgh! Disgusting. Can't they at least keep all the stuff that goes on inside their house? Do I have to hear all that?

This morning my mum told me that it's not the first time they had sex that was clearly hearable. It even happens in the evening sometimes, when people still walk around outside. They obviously have sex about three times a week. And there are also times when this woman has guests and she laughs all over the city with her crazy laughter. I don't know what these people look like but I bet they are the most typical, stereotypical people.

There are only two logical conclusions to be made about them. Either: They do not care the slightest bit about being heard when they argue or have wild, crazy sex. Or: They are totally clueless and brain-amputated about the fact that they -CAN- be heard. Which one is more likely?

Do you realise the strange resemblance? The deja vu? Yes, I actually talked about these kind of people before. They either don't give a damn or they have no idea. It goes for people who drive cars, parents who don't care about their children, people on the bus, people on the street, everyone! And it's a whole generation of badly-raised idiots! One day there will be so many of them that the ones who are now right will not be right any more, instead they will be a minority that will be considered "stuck up and nerdy". Or something like that.

I hope that it will stop some day. It is summer now, so I have no desire to not open the window at night, because I need fresh air. But one thing I promise is that I will not argue or have wild sex with open doors, unless I live in a big, big villa far away from the rest of the world. And I'm not going to live in such a place. These idiots neither, unless they win the lottery. With their low IQ nothing else can make them rich.

Wow... can't believe it has to come this far. Up to now, I have only complained about stuff that's rather usual. But this is not normal any more. Do I really have to discuss the sexual life of other people now just to get my deserved sleep? How do I make them stop? Do I really have to talk to them? We don't even know how they are called, where their door is or where to place a letter for them. Can they even read? Which words do I use? Coitus? No... too intellectual. I have to write it down in a very straight forward way if I do. n a house next door, they don't live in the very same building that we live in! Can you imagine how many buildings are capable of receiving these noises?

And just to make it clear: They don't live in our house, they live next door. In a different building. And it can be heard from all the buildings around.

Well anyway, just to let you know: I had to live here for 12 years to ever experience that!

No comments: