Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The worst rip-off I have ever seen

RTL is probably the one tv station that is unbearable at the moment. I have already mentioned to you RTLnow, the stupid internet service that allows you to watch the tv content for money in case you don't have the time to watch tv but enough money to watch anything anytime.

There was another commercial on tv about it now, and it is worse than ever. The new punchline goes like "click on it, choose it, watch it" and conveys the idea that it's just as easy as it sounds. It welcomes and invites you to take it literally. Just click yourself there, choose your show, watch it. The video will pop up.
I checked again in case I mistook it, but it's still the same. You need an account, you need to pay for it, you need to be registered. Does any of this spell "spontaneous" on it? I don't see that.

But there was something yesterday that was worse. While watching House M.D. (medical detective or whatever you English speakers need that for), there was a commercial for a tv episode of a show that has been on for 12 years. It's some kind of highway police, a German show. It's the most stereotype action show for German beer drinkers with no intellect. In every episode, cars explode in the most unrealistic way, and the only thing that changes is the angle in which the cars fly, the objects they fly over and some totally highway-unrelated topic like kindergarten kidnapping.
But this time, they showed a plot that gave me a dejavu feeling. It goes like this: There is a cop who wakes up in the dark, he lights up his sight with a lighter, then he realises he is in some kind of box or coffin. And then he screams and feels lost, and on top of all, his very own colleague can see him on a screen and wants to find him of course. Where have we seen ALL of this before? CSI.

I mean, it's not like this "woman gets kidnapped and guy has to rescue her" thing. Or this "scientist travels into a different world/time by accident" or "girl wakes up in the body of her mother/her 30 year old self". No... you can't just counterfeit everything. That's like me making a movie about a guy who travels from one country to the next, but while he is on the plane, there is a revolution in his country and he loses his nationality, therefore has to stay within the airport. Then he meets this woman and... oh well, I call this movie: "I wait". Great thing, huh?

Well, just now I went to RTL.de to complain about the RTLnow thing. That was something I have been wanting to do ever since I got fooled. But the funny thing is, it's totally hard to contact them. I tried going to "contact". It first promises you that you can give RTL your ideas and questions, but in the end they say "fuck you" by only connecting you to a FAQ (=fuck) section. After that, I have to click myself around the world only to send a message to some question service that's not even related to the sort of question I have. But then I don't care because if their internet service is so bad, then the people who answer questions about the weather service have to deal with my critisism. Then it's not my fault. Now I hope they got it because after I clicked "send" I only saw a white screen with the words "close window". Is that a good sign at all?

Anyway, it's interesting how they don't seem to care. Maybe they know it's just for fooling people. It's like some of the governments in this world. Pretend to be good, act like you encourage people to lead a luxorious life, but just keep lying and also don't offer any platform to discuss it.

No comments: