Thursday, December 10, 2015

The Official End Of Year Post 2015

So it's the end of the year again and I'm writing in my private, not really read-much-by-others blog.

When looking back at the year 2015, there is a personal and a wider way to look at it. In the wider way, 2015 was a year that saw Paris being attacked by terrorists in the beginning of the year and the end of the year. On a not much more encouraging note, more than 1 million foreigners have entered Germany as self-proclaimed "refugees" within a year - the number will likely increase once the dust has settled and the statistics have been cleaned up. Many of these people may be actual refugees, many of them also won't, and most of them are muslims with unclear religious motivs... so we will have to see where this leads us. What we also know is that most of these people have family and expect to bring between 2 and 4 family on average with them once their status here is confirmed. You do the math.

On a personal level though, it was a good year for me. In February, I parted ways with my employer of more than 6 years. Even though things looked uncertain and scary, I found a new job that much better fits my needs. I also got a nice side income from my other blog. Also, I got a big thing out of the way in Summer that had been bugging me for 10 years.

What does the future hold for me? Well, I expect my job to stay as good as it is, hope to keep my side income from my blog the same (or perhaps increase a little), and I just hope that I can get my peace and not get stressed by outside influences, because I just can't save the whole world, sorry. Thanks...

No comments: