Thursday, December 25, 2014

What The Hell Is He Doing?

I don't consider myself Christian any more but I still take offense when Christians themselves make the religion look unnecessarily stupid.



Like the pope does. Don't get me wrong… I have respect for catholics as humans, although it's difficult for me to respect catholicism as a religion. I mean, catholicism to me is the most visible form of christianity gone wrong. All of this praying to Mary, praying to Saint Somebody and using all kinds of religious "devices" like rosaries and statues and what they may be called… it's the closest it can get to polytheism and paganism the way people in the bible have warned us of.

I mean… catholic practices are so deviant from what's actually written in the bible, it's just amazing. Where in the bible does it actually say that Mary is the MOTHER OF GOD? Literally…Mother of an immortal being that never began to exist but always existed? Blows my mind.

The whole trinity thing is already a very far-fetched idea. Turning Mary and some so-called Saints into pray-worthy individuals makes the whole idea go too crazy and kills off all credibility. After that, christianity as a whole looks completely stupid in the eyes of muslims and other religious people. In a similar fashion that muslims look stupid because of the 9/11 pilots (making a whole religion look bad because of individual beliefs that may not reflect the entirety of the respective religion).

Back to our beloved pope (may peace be upon him…I guess? Oh no, wait. This is not an islamic text so I can cut all the bullshit). For all non-christians, remember that the pope only represents about half of christianity. Protestants don't "believe" in him. And even he is almost pray-worthy. They (catholics) call him a representative of god. Wow. A very bold job description.

Whatever you may think about him… what the hell is he doing in this picture? He is kissing a statue (which equals a pagan idol to me, a clear violation of one of the 10 commandments), but even worse is how he kisses it… This gives the old sterotype of the pedophile catholic cleric a whole new dimension.

Okay, I get it… it's not meant the way it looks. But if other religions made as much fun of christianity as people make fun of them, then christianity would be the laughing stock of the universe.

Again, no offense, but clearly none of that shit is written in the bible. Merry Christmas! Let's celebrate the birth of Santa Clause and the Sun God.

No comments: